Hemp Well, a premium pet supplement company is looking for a Sales Manager to join our rapidly expanding pack. This role will play an important part in goal setting, sales forecasting and sales plan management, development and implementation. The ideal candidate offers a track record of success in online sales channels, brick & mortar sales and strong sales management background. Previous sales experience working with big box retailers, within the pet category and/or other relevant consumer packaged goods. This position is full-time, remote or on-site at our company headquarters in Auburn Hills, MI.
- Undergraduate degree, or relevant experience.
- 5+ years of Sales Management Experience
- Experience in the Pet Industry would be extremely beneficial
- Experience in CPG sales (Consumer packaged goods) beneficial
- E-Commerce and brick & mortar sales experience a plus
- Experience working with buyers at big and mid box retailers a plus.
- Ability to professionally communicate (verbal/written) to a wide range of audiences across multiple levels of an organization.
- Excellent sales and follow up skills.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands upon the company's customer base and ensures its strong presence in the marketplace.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing customers.
- Track sales KPIs
- Meet with CEO and outside reps to review sales activity, sales pipeline and management of the sales process.
- Oversee and coordinate internal and external sales team activities.
- Negotiate profitable pricing and/or terms of sales.
- Stay up-to-date with new product launches and ensure retail partners and team members are on board.
- Attend distributor open houses, national and regional trade shows and represent our brand in-stores whenever possible.
- Services existing Accounts, obtains orders, and increases sales volume by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call and/or visit existing Accounts.
- Assists in identifying and adding new Accounts.
- Provides high visibility with Accounts. Conducts regular face-to-face and/or virtual contacts with existing accounts.
- Schedules and conducts Account Reviews/Business Plans to include Account Sales Analysis, Account Planning, and Account Goal setting.
- Schedules and conducts Vendor Presentations with Accounts to include launching new vendors, additional sku placement within current vendor lines and line extensions, as well as Vendor Product Training.
- Coordinates efforts with other departments, which include marketing, customer service, transportation, and warehouse.
- Works with Buyers to create Vendor Promotions/Offerings customized and specific for Accounts.
- Monitors competition by gathering marketplace information, trends, assessing presence, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Maintains technical knowledge by learning about Hemp Well products and trends within our unique industry.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: NEGOTIABLE. BASE plus commission. Competitive with the marketplace. Large upside based upon trajectory of sales growth and opportunity.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- ESOP option
- Monday to Friday