Nobody wants their pet upset or nervous. Environmental and internal factors may contribute to your dogs temperament. Many dogs are sensitive to loud noises, new guests or visiting new places.
The following are great tips to keep keep your dog calm and relaxed.
- More Play / Exercise. Staying active is one of the best things to maintaining a positive outlook and strong mental and physical health. Go outside and take a walk.Play. Play. Play.
- Healthy Diet. Nutrition is key. Maintaining a healthy diet is important as exercise. Look for food that is natural, GMO Free, and organic.
- Behavior Training. Some dogs may have come from rescues with unresolved pasts or never trained proper to adapt to your home. Sometimes new kids, new cats, and even new houseguests can be traumatic to some dogs. Check out this video from the internet >>
- Music. Listening to jazz or Beethoven can mellow almost anybody, and maybe your dog, too. Find out your dog’s groove and remember their taste in music may not be the same as yours.
- Calming Supplements. When all else fails and before we look to pharmaceuticals we can turn to nature. Organic plants can deliver melatonin, hemp, and chamomile which has shown to assist with relaxation and temperament. Hemp Well has a complete line of calming products available for dogs.